The mission of the Macro Social Work Student Network, founded at the Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College, is to develop a geographically diverse network of and for macro-practice social work undergraduate and graduate students in order to:
- Share and augment macro practice knowledge
- Maintain self-awareness of macro practice as a minority method in the social work field
- Share our work with the rest of the social work field.
(per the NASW code of ethics)
- Social justice
- Dignity and worth of the individual
- Importance and centrality of human relationships